Saturday

El Fondo...

El Fondo Que No Se Ve
________________________________________
I wrote this on post its at my job, again in the beginning

How the weather affects the city
The streets and the availability of the crossing
You’re a rustling indication
Softly sneaking through the thread
While I retreat into another sound, disengaging the immaculate

How the weather denotes certain immunity
Stirring up the lost directions of the air
You are slipping above below and beneath
Yet mostly in between
I like you there

I have settled into winter persuasion
Cover up to shelter the apprehensive skin
This weather is breaching these infinite fabrics
Ample and matted; heavy on top
Pressing the line that borders admittance
Still the tingling undercurrents find a way in

How the weather flushes sidewalks and highways
Lifting back upwards as the translucent yellow
Dilutes the gray
You are commotion in the middle, surrounded by my ribs
The softer the encounter, the smoother the reaction is
You could have transferred in from a suggestive gesture
Like a whirling premonition that precipitation may occur
However, you unearthed a much better way
Replacing the interim with one that would stay.

To Raul Curiel
From Kelly Bloom
February 14, 2001

No comments: