Bound by forces like tethering feathers
Against the concrete I chew like a puppy
Sad that you left me sad that I’m lost
Helpless to the crowd that pulls on my muzzle
Forgotten for a novice who whispers to timber
Sit by me so I can gather my thoughts
I always only wished you for greatness
Stretching out like canvas on plywood
Slowly I curve as though diving through tunnels
Please, I need these, oh please let me in
You carried out the laugher
As the fire raised surface
Burying your tongues in rough lacquer language
Explain to me this, this settling of souls
Hazy mornings clear out the fog
Created before I conversed with the world
In me melted thoughts that turned into bodies
I lived in one and rummaged through others
Wagging my happiness in the air to surrender
Give you my white flag for just a sample of splendor
I, like another, will greet you with kindness
In vain as I turn to concrete for solace
Cowering below for the crowd to acknowledge.
Kelly Curiel
May 1, 2007
11:00p.m.
Edited
June 20, 2008
2:00 p.m.
Friday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment