Invisible
I am invisible again
I don’t know how it happened
But it happened
Not only am I unable to be seen
But heard and felt
Even the breath of me
Is not recycled by the tree
The dust pays no heed
The ground does not bend
The rain falls right through me
I am invisible again
I hang the words
From my fingers like a sticky web
Forcing them into your drums
They go back where they came from
Unheard; unseen
Right back into me
I woke up invisible again
I don’t know if I dream it true
But once more, I am invisible to you.
Kelly Curiel
11-02-05
I will not be a victim
To him
The one who towers in green
Pays little ones the dust
Pushes aside the brush
Make way, here he comes
Making shadows on the screen.
I will not turn servant
With his lack of observance
Peripheral revolving orbits
Behind his skill of view
Picking up his footprints
Shining his lacquer shoes
I will not catch the craze
Zippers crawl snatch the waist
Falsely heeling up to alleviate
Sneaky, creepy, teething stone
He sticks his stick to stick the bone.
I will not be a victim
To him
Kelly Curiel
November 3, 2005
You say you could never hurt him
until he becomes your burden
and life without him makes more sense
tomorrow you'll find a way out
drop off your keys and repair the dents
replace the locks
close the curtains
his sentiment, it brings you in
forgets the pounds and roughed up skin
losing yourself, gaining a friend
his sentiment is your house
tomorrow you'll find a way out
you say you could never hurt him
until he becomes your burden
the love you feel is the only feeling
melded your ribs to your stomach
sick and sweet and all that’s between
your chest concedes.
You never meant to hurt him
You never meant to be so mean.
Kelly Curiel
11-02-05
Thursday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment