I watch my finger tips fade
Reaching for her and she slips away
No strength possessed nor heartache portrayed
Could step back these moments
Back to just before and hit replay
If a different decision were made
Changing the order, removing this pain?
Holding hers as the warmth just fades
Her face yellow in death, mine a wretched pale white inflamed
Hot tears scaring my face
Forever a hollow section, just eating away
Tomorrow I will take my mental Novocain
Step outside the present, pretend she’s just humming her tunes
Outlining her lips with her thumb and swaying her legs.
She’s just upstairs, fast asleep and we’re all awake.
Come morning, Her smile as usual, radiates.
But no dream to wake up from
No pleasant embrace
She’s enclosed in concrete
Marble passageway to her grave
She may still be watching, visiting us in our sleep
I’ll always attempt with fading fingertips
A failing, feeble reach
To catch her in the falling, giving her my breath
To continue, to move forward, to here with us remain.
Kelly Curiel
January 8, 2009 4:08a.m.
Thursday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment